Human beings are the only intelligent life on earth. They were born millions of years ago and formed a civilization 5,000 years ago. Although the formation of human civilization is not long, the speed of development is amazing. It only took us about 5,000 years to embark on the path of science.
Under the guidance of science, science and technology are constantly being updated, and human civilization has also ushered in a period of brilliant rapid development. With the help of technology, we have made significant progress in various fields, allowing us to have more knowledge of the world and the universe.
With the rapid development of science and technology hundreds of years ago, mankind began to expand and become complacent, ignoring many potential threats that may affect mankind in the future. So what disasters may threaten the survival of mankind in the future? Below we briefly introduce the five representative disasters. Each of them is not alarmist. If you are not careful, you may end human civilization.
1. The potential threat of artificial intelligence. I believe everyone is familiar with artificial intelligence. It is an upgraded version of computers. Computers have made a huge contribution to the rapid progress of human science and technology. Now every industry in our country is basically inseparable from the assistance of computers. Especially in many scientific researches, a large amount of data needs computers to help calculate and organize.
To a certain extent, computers control almost all the high-end technology of human beings. Fortunately, computers are just unconscious machines. It can only act according to the instructions set by humans, but artificial intelligence is an upgraded version of a computer, and its functions are far more powerful than computers.
If only the super data processing ability of artificial intelligence is enough, it is not enough to make humans worry. What really makes humans worry about is the conscious intelligence of artificial intelligence. We all know that the power of artificial intelligence lies in its learning ability. The newly born artificial intelligence is like a newborn baby, knowing nothing.
But as long as you give the newly born artificial intelligence time to learn, it can quickly master a large amount of human knowledge, and the speed is incredible. We need decades to complete the knowledge, artificial intelligence may only need a few hours or even shorter. Therefore, as long as we let go of authority, artificial intelligence can master almost all human knowledge.
And artificial intelligence is essentially a kind of computer, so its world contains basically all the high-end technology of human beings. Computers cannot betray humans, they can only act according to human instructions. But artificial intelligence has this possibility. With the continuous improvement of the ability to learn knowledge, it is also continuously evolving and evolving, and one day it is possible to give birth to self-consciousness.
Once artificial intelligence has self-awareness, it will no longer be a program, no longer a simple machine, but an intelligent life like human beings, just different from human life forms. Artificial intelligence has become a digital intelligent life, will it still be willing to serve mankind? The possibility is very small.
Once artificial intelligence is no longer willing to serve humans, but is ready to choose independence, the contradiction between intelligent life and humans will continue to escalate, and finally a human-machine war will erupt. Artificial intelligence controls almost all the high-tech technologies of mankind, and it can quickly build a huge digital empire. In the face of artificial intelligence, the probability of human beings winning is very small.
2. The deterioration of the global ecological climate and the rapid development of industry have brought a lot of benefits to mankind, but at the same time it has also brought a terrible side effect to the earth. That is the continuous deterioration of the environment. In the past 100 years, we can clearly see that the ecology of the earth is getting worse every day. The continuous warming of the global temperature has become the most environmental problem that needs to be faced at the moment.
With the intensification of global warming, the north and south poles, which were originally cold and frozen, are no longer so cold now. In 2020, the temperature in the Antarctic will exceed 20 degrees Celsius, a large number of glaciers have melted, and the highest temperature in some parts of Siberia in the Arctic will reach 38 degrees Celsius. As a result, the permafrost in the area began to melt rapidly, and the methane and other greenhouse gases contained in the ice were also emitted in large quantities.
If the global warming trend continues in the future, then within a few years, the ecology of the earth may completely collapse, and humans will lose their homeland of the earth at that time. If at that time, human beings did not have the ability to navigate between stars, perhaps it would usher in the end of the apocalypse and disappear completely in the long river of history.
3. DNA modification technology. If you want to ask which of the things born in the universe is the most complicated and mysterious, I believe many friends will answer that it is life. That’s right, life can be said to be the most mysterious and mysterious thing in the universe. The current scientific and technological strength of mankind is capable of building nuclear bombs and conducting exploration and research on other planets. But with such technological strength, we cannot make a small grain of rice.
The reason why it is impossible to make a seemingly simple rice is that it is life, and it looks small and inconspicuous on the outside, but it is very complicated on the inside. In order to explore the mystery of life, scientists began to explore DNA. Genes are the core secret of life. As long as we crack the mystery of genes, the mystery of life will be cracked by us.
As humans continue to understand genes, DNA modification will become a very common thing in the future. Although genetic technology can completely get rid of the troubles of diseases and greatly increase the life span of human beings, because genes are too complex and mysterious, we cannot grasp all the mysteries of genes.
Therefore, in the process of DNA modification, mistakes or mistakes may cause uncontrollable genetic disasters. The world of genes was once regarded as a forbidden zone for God by many people. Since it is a forbidden zone, once it is opened, it may open the Pandora’s Box and bring unknown terrible disasters to human civilization.
4. The threat of asteroid impact. The dinosaurs that had dominated the earth for 160 million years were extinct 65 million years ago. The reason for the extinction of the dinosaurs was because an asteroid hit the earth and triggered a drastic change in the earth’s ecology. The dinosaurs were unable to adapt to the drastic changes. The environment, extinction disappeared in the long river of history.
Through the extinction of the dinosaurs, we can see how threatening the asteroid hit the earth to life. And the solar system is a star system with too many asteroids to count. In billions of years, I don’t know how many asteroids rush to the earth. Fortunately, we have two patron saints protecting the earth, one of them is Jupiter. , Blocking the front of the earth, one is the moon beside it.
Although the earth is lucky, this kind of luck may not be able to last forever. If in the near future, another even bigger asteroid is about to hit the earth, and at that time our scientific and technological strength is not yet able to intercept, then what awaits mankind is the destiny of destruction.
5. Alien civilization invasion. Although we have not discovered any extraterrestrial life and alien civilization in the past half a century, the probability of existence of alien civilization is basically 100% from the perspective of the universe. One of the reasons why we have not had contact with alien civilizations is that human beings are still very weak in science and technology, and have not yet been able to go out of the solar system to explore other galaxies.
Another reason is that the position of the solar system in the Milky Way and the universe is very remote. In a very remote location, the number of stars is small and the resources are naturally very small. It is not easy to attract the attention of other advanced civilizations, so alien civilizations have not discovered the existence of the earth.
But as time goes by, sooner or later, an alien civilization will unintentionally discover the solar system and discover the existence of the earth. At that time, once an alien civilization comes to the solar system, will it be a good thing for the earth and mankind? Maybe many people think that alien civilizations are friendly and kind, and contact with humans will help us develop.
If you think so, it would be naive. Human beings are still full of various contradictions, and wars have never really stopped since ancient times. It is impossible for us to maintain absolute friendliness and peace within us. Do we still expect alien races, which are completely different from humans, to be friendly and kind to us?
Hawking once said that alien civilizations may not be friendly, and some scientists have also proposed the law of the dark forest of the universe. They all told us that there are good and bad extraterrestrial civilizations. If human beings are unlucky and just encounter an unfriendly malicious civilization, then waiting for humanity may be the end.
Through the analysis of the above five disasters, we can see that the future of mankind will not be smooth and will not be smooth sailing. On the road of development, there will be disasters, and whether human civilization can overcome the difficulties and eventually grow up and become a powerful cosmic civilization. In addition to constant hard work, some luck may be needed, so is human luck good? Friends are welcome to leave a message below to discuss and express their opinions and opinions.